U.S. President Donald Trump should reconsider his positions on international trade and work to embrace China and its vast market, FedEx Corp (FDX.N)..
Trump's explosive trade play on China
- The Trump administration is working on an executive order that would initiate investigations into "unfair" product dumping from foreign companies - an action that could lead to tariffs on a wide range of products.
These plans are very fluid, and internal disagreements remain about how aggressive this order should be. Here's what I've learned from administration sources:
Other products, including household appliances, could be targeted as well.
If the investigations result in new import duties - as some senior Trump officials believe should happen - it could make some consumer goods more expensive and could hurt the stock prices of American companies that rely on cheap steel imports. A good number of American manufacturing companies, however, could benefit from this hit to their low-cost competitors.
A White House official said this investigation is part of Trump's effort to protect American jobs and end unfair trade practices like dumping and foreign government subsidization.(Excerpt) Read more at: axios.com ...
- Photo credit(s): axios.com
- U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday named Robert Lighthizer, an official in the Reagan administration and harsh critic of China's trade practices..
- Another day, another shot across the bow from Donald Trump aimed squarely at China.
- The United States is prepared to respond to North Korean nuclear threats on its own if China fails to pressure Pyongyang, President Donald Trump..
- President Trump on Saturday took to Twitter to address the failure of the ObamaCare repeal bill, promising a "great healthcare plan FOR THE PEOPLE" eventually.
- President Donald Trump's administration has signalled a new and "aggressive" approach to international trade.
- The Trump administration's proposal to tackle what it perceives to be China's currency manipulation signals the beginning of a series..