Warning Trump administration of "endless trouble and burden" if it uses the Dalai Lama against it, China on Saturday sharply criticised...
China mulls joining U.N. talks on treaty to ban nukes
- China, one of the five major states possessing nuclear weapons, is thinking of joining U.N. talks on a treaty outlawing nuclear arms starting late March in New York, diplomatic sources said Wednesday.
China has heard the views of countries promoting the treaty such as Austria and Mexico in a meeting earlier this month ahead of the start of negotiations at the U.N. headquarters, the sources said.
The official also said China has talked with the four other major states possessing nuclear weapons regarding the matter.
The first preparatory meeting for the treaty will take place at the United Nations in New York from Thursday.(Excerpt) Read more at: japantimes.co.jp ...
- Photo credit(s): independent.co.uk
- Senior Chinese military officers say the country's army is considering strong measures to prevent Taiwan from moving toward independence..
- Less than a week before President-elect Donald Trump spoke with Taiwan's president over the phone, China flew a pair of long-range..
- North Korea says it has no interest in talks like those that resulted in a nuclear deal last week between Iran and world powers.