China should plan to take Taiwan by force and make swift preparations for a military incursion, a Communist party-controlled newspaper has said..
China to merge state media for stronger voice in financial news
- China is set to consolidate five state media companies to create a "modern financial media group" to increase the state's voice in economic and financial news coverage, the state-run Xinhua news agency said on Wednesday.
Since taking power in 2012, President Xi Jinping, who has called for Beijing to take a bigger role in a global governance system, has stepped up media control and scrutiny to project China's "soft power" and better communicate its message.READ MORE: Chinese state tabloid warns Donald Trump: End one China policy and China will take revenge
The move aims at "deepening the central authority's reforms of the cultural system" and "increasing mainstream media's influence in the area of financial information," Xinhua said in a notice.(Excerpt) Read more at: reuters.com ...
- Photo credit(s): reuters.com
- Chinese state media has warned the U.S. president-elect against isolationism and interventionism, calling instead for the United States to actively work..
- China Central Television (CCTV), Beijing's largest TV network, said it would launch a new global media platform on New Year's Day to help re-brand China..
- Chinese state media on Friday expressed alarm and warned of a "showdown with the U.S." after President-elect Donald Trump named Peter Navarro..
- Donald Trump appears to have not a clue how to lead a superpower.
- China's state-run Global Times newspaper on Monday said President-elect Donald Trump is "as ignorant as a child" when it comes to foreign relations.
- Donald Trump is a "diplomatic rookie" who must learn not to cross Beijing on issues like trade and Taiwan, Chinese state media said Tuesday..