US president-elect Donald Trump would be a "naive" fool to launch an all-out trade war against China, a Communist party-controlled newspaper has claimed.
China Bends To Donald Trump As Threat Of Trade War Looms
- China is preparing to make certain concessions to avoid a trade war with President Donald Trump.
To prevent a conflict, China is willing to offer the U.S. greater domestic market access for American beef exports and investments in the financial sector, reports the Financial Times, citing Chinese and American officials involved in recent negotiations. While these are relatively simple concessions, the shift could represent a move towards a fairer, more balanced U.S.-China trade relationship.
Rather than targeting Chinese exports through punitive actions, the aim of the plan proposed during the meeting appears to be increases in American exports to China through the reduction of trade barriers.
China has reportedly indicated that it is willing to lift the 2003 ban on U.S. beef imports and raise investment ceilings, low-hanging fruit easy for the Chinese to concede.(Excerpt) Read more at: dailycaller.com ...
- Photo credit(s): dailycaller.com
- rospective US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson better watch his mouth, angry Chinese media said Friday, warning President-elect Donald Trump's nominee..
- Chinese state media warned U.S. President-elect Donald Trump that he'll be met with "big sticks" if he tries to ignite a trade war or further..
- China's Premier Li Keqiang said on Wednesday that Beijing does not want to see a trade war with the United States and urged talks..
- When President Donald Trump called Chinese President Xi Jinping Thursday evening, much of China's fear of the new U.S. president melted away.
- President-elect Donald Trump "speaks like a rookie," China's state-run media said Monday, describing his suggested use of America's position..
- State-run Chinese tabloid Global Times warned U.S. President-elect Donald Trump that China would "take revenge" if he reneged..
- It's become easy to imagine an aide to China's president, Xi Jinping, knocking on his bedroom door in the middle of the night..