Michelle Rempel said "what needs to be emphasized to people who might be considering crossing the border is that it is an illegal act"
Canadian Conservative Leadership Candidate Wants Freer Gun Laws
- Conservative Party of Canada leadership candidate Maxime Bernier wants to loosen Canada's notoriously tight gun laws, and he wants to start with the AR-15, which currently is restricted to law enforcement and the military.
The Quebec Member of Parliament (MP) and former foreign affairs minister in the previous Conservative government said he will introduce new gun legislation if elected Conservative leader and then prime minister of Canada.
Canada's gun control laws are among the toughest in the democratic world. Until the legislation was repealed by Bernier's Conservative government, a long-gun registry severely restricted the ownership and use of rifles and shotguns.
Bernier is perceived as so strong on gun ownership rights that the Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights has given him an A-plus rating. The group's president, Rod Giltaca, emphasized that it does advocate on behalf of political parties but also provides information on gun control policy in Canada.(Excerpt) Read more at: dailycaller.com ...
- Photo credit(s): dailycaller.com
- Canada's answer to Donald Trump is a pediatric surgeon and former cabinet minister who, like the U.S. president-elect, is railing against immigration..
- A federal task force tasked with coming up with recommendations for the legalization of marijuana in Canada says Canadians over 18 years old..
- A frustrated Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wants police to "enforce the law" and criminally charge illegal marijuana dispensaries..
- The number of restricted guns in Canada shot up 9.5 per cent last year, bringing the number of restricted firearms registered across the country to..
- Canada's highest court has just ruled that some sex acts between humans and animals are legal.