On Christmas Eve, while most Americans were off the clock and celebrating, George Ciccariello-Maher took a short break to check Twitter ..
Public university in California pays professors to develop diversity classes
- California Polytechnic State University plans to spend upwards of $20,000 for members of its College of Liberal Arts faculty to create online "resource modules" that help fellow instructors university-wide present lectures on diversity and inclusion.
Jennifer Teramoto Pedrotti, associate dean for diversity and curriculum, announced the program to College of Liberal Arts faculty in a Feb. 8 email, saying the college anticipates awarding six to eight $3,000 stipends this summer.
The modules may touch on a variety of topics, some "very specialized and others broader," according to a description of the planned project.(Excerpt) Read more at: thecollegefix.com ...
- Photo credit(s): thecollegefix.com
- A Drexel University professor who called for "white genocide" Christmas Eve isn't apologizing, and instead says critics of his "satirical"..
- Drexel University calls professor George Ciccariello-Maher's 'white genocide' tweet 'utterly reprehensible'Drexel University officials had a quiet Christmas holiday weekend loudly interrupted Sunday night, thanks to a professor who took to Twitter..
- A professor at Philadelphia's Drexel University has a heartwarming Christmas message: Associate Professor of Politics and Global Studies George Ciccariello-Maher..
- University of California's Students of Color Conference Leads to Arguments Over Who is Most OppressedThis year's University of California Students of Color Conference unproductively devolved into something of an "oppression Olympics" between different..
- Students at the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) have removed a portrait of William Shakespeare and replaced it with a picture of a black..
- Students at Cal State San Marcos on Thursday hosted a "Whiteness Forum" as part of a communications class they are enrolled in..
- Columbia University Professor: Stop Calling All White People Who Disagree With You 'White Supremacists'An English professor at Columbia University urges liberals to stop unfairly labeling any white person who disagrees with an opinion held by people of color..